How Do The Shares Work?
each Village Fishmonger CSF subscription gives you access to local, responsibly harvested seafood, lasting 12 weeks. members can choose to receive their shares weekly (equivalent to 12 distributions) or bi-weekly (equivalent to 6 distributions) during those 12 weeks.
there are 2 share sizes to choose from:
- medium share –> ~2 lb (or equivalent value) at $30 per distribution, good for 2 meals for 2 people
- small share –> ~1 lb (or equivalent value) at $15 per distribution, good for 1 meal for 2 people
main shares will consist of mostly filleted finfish and sometimes shellfish. We also have add-on shares and a la carte options for mixed shellfish (oysters, clams), scallops, and lobsters that you can choose to supplement your main share.
we currently have 9 pick-up locations in NYC neighborhoods.
want a pick up in your neighborhood?
if you want to participate in our CSF but don’t live close to any of these locations, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us where you live! Village Fishmonger is always looking to bringing local, sustainable seafood to new neighborhoods and will see about finding a way to do so.
- Chelsea: IAC Building (5:30-7:30pm)
- 555 West 18th Street, New York, NY 1011
- Upper East Side: Kaia Wine Bar (6-8pm)
- 1614 Third Avenue, New York, NY 10128
- Williamsburg: Huckleberry Bar (5-8pm)
- 588 Grand Street, Brooklyn, NY 11211
- Park Slope/Gowanus: Four & Twenty Blackbirds (5-7pm)
- 439 3rd Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11215
- Upper West Side: Luke’s Lobster (5-7pm)
- 426 Amsterdam Avenue, New York, NY 10024
- Upper West Side: Private Location for Cream of the Crop CSA members ONLY (4:30-7pm)
- 263 West 86th Street, New York, NY 10024
- East Village: Jimmy’s No. 43 (3-5pm)
- 43 East 7th Street, New York, NY 10003
- Lower East Side: Grey Lady (3-5pm)
- 77 Delancey Street, New York, NY 10002
- Clinton Hill: Choice Greene (3-9pm)
- 214 Greene Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11238
- Windsor Terrace: Brooklyn Commune (4-6pm)
- 601 Greenwood Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11218
Fish Calendar / Seasonality
unlike produce or animals that are farmed, the availability and variety of wild-caught fish is dependent on a number of factors even beyond season, such as weather patterns, fishing location, ocean currents etc. we’ll be choosing what’s best and available based on our fishermen’s recommendation and let you know what’s available via a “weekly catch” notification.
but we’ll do our best to rotate in different fish for each ongoing week of your subscription so you can explore the rich and diverse selection of seafood that are sustainably managed in the NY region. there are at least 20-30 different species of finfish and shellfish that are available across the different seasons that should make eating seafood a tasty adventure no matter the time of year!
our fish calendar should give you a general sense of what’s available and when: